Friday, June 10, 2011

Spiced Peach Muffins

Finished Spiced Peach Muffins
I love, love, love King Arthur Flour. I have been using their flours for many, many years. I have several of their cookbooks and many of their recipes can be found on-line.  I often alter the recipes.  King Arthur Flour's Spiced Peach Muffins Recipe  calls for vegetable oil and, of course, I used Wildtree Natural Grapeseed Oil!  Instead of All-Purpose flour, I used Organic White Whole Wheat flour and added 1/4 cup extra milk to make up for the fact I was using whole wheat. Lastly, I added one extra teaspoon of cinnamon because I just LOVE cinnamon.  White Whole Wheat has the same nutrition as Red Wheat, but doesn't have the same strong taste. Since I didn't have any dark brown sugar left, I just used light brown sugar.  The dark brown sugar gives it a richer, deeper molasses taste. I sprinkle the top with coarse sugar. 

Oil, Milk and Eggs. Don't you love the color of natural, expeller pressed grapeseed oil!?

In the Mixer
Add the fresh diced (unpeeled) peaches

In the muffin pan!

0 Delicious Words:

Post a Comment