Friday, June 10, 2011

Almost Like Grandma's Frittata

My grandmother came over from Italy as a small child.  I never met her because she died before I was born, but her recipes were always served at my house.  One of my favorites is frittata. I'm just too lazy to spend the time backing it in the oven, so here's what I do to create the same taste in my frying pan!

Today, I used zucchini from my garden-- an Italian Heirloom zucchini called Lungo Bianco.  I grew them from seed and I have to say, they are yummy!  I sliced  half of a zucchini and a quarter of a small onion.  I sauteed the onion and zucchini in Wildtree's Natural Grapeseed Oil until they were soft.  I added two scrambled eggs, salt, pepper, a few shakes of parmesan cheese with two pinches of Wildtree Hearty Spaghetti Sauce Blend. Scrambled them around until they were cooked and YUM! It tastes just like grandma's frittata!


Zucchini I picked this morning

Finished Almost Like Grandma's Frittata

It isn't as pretty as grandma's, but it sure tastes the same!  Enjoy!

0 Delicious Words:

Post a Comment