Monday, June 6, 2011

Jamaican Jerk Pork & Rancher Steak Rub

Pictures will be here soon!  In the future, I hope to make video tutorials and picture tutorials (hey, I just started the blog about an hour ago and the pork was already in the oven! ~laughter~) This morning, I placed the dry Jamaican Jerk Seasoning blend on the pork loin and placed it in a preheated 225 degree oven.  A few hours later, I turned up the heat to 275 degrees while I mixed together natural grapeseed oil and more Jamaican Jerk seasoning together.  I basted the pork loin with this mixture and I have to tell you that the smell is heavenly!

Two hours later, I increased the heat to 350 degrees and will let the loin bake, covered, until nice and tender. Jennifer (you will see her recipes posted here from time to time) is coming over for dinner tonight and bringing a salad.  I'm going to make roasted potatoes using one of the Wildtree blends (I'll update later as this is a masterpiece in progress) and a veggie. 

Sean, who has recently turned 15, loves steak.  He likes to grill it on the George.  Today for lunch, he rubbed his steak with natural grapeseed oil, then rubbed in the Rancher Steak Rub onto each side before grilling.  It was delicious.

Joseph started his meal off with dipping oil and bread. He is addicted.  He experimented with the Roasted Garlic Grapeseed oil, the Natural Grapeseed oil and the Basil Pesto Grapeseed Oil. His favorite was Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil with a bit of fresh cracked pepper.  He is only 13 and already becoming a food snob like me!

0 Delicious Words:

Post a Comment