Thursday, June 9, 2011

HCG Diet Approved Shrimp Creole

Jennifer has lost 40 pounds using the HCG Diet (she's my friend and diet companion! I'll share the story after the recipe.) During the first round of the HCG diet, we made this a few times.  We ate this again the other day adding chicken along with the shrimp.


1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
Sautee all of the above for a few minutes until vegetables are tender

Add 1 teaspoon Wildtree Bayou Blend
Add 2 cans Hunt's Petite diced tomatoes and 1/2 cup water 
Simmer for approximately 1/2 hour

Add 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
Cook for 5-7 mins until shrimp are cooked

Can be eaten with rice if you are not on the HCG Diet. If you are on the HCG Diet, enjoy as prepared above!

Jennifer and I love to eat!  We love to cook and we can cook some good eats!  Unfortunately, loving to cook and loving to eat can mean extra weight!  This past Lent, we decided to do the HCG Diet as out sacrifice.  Jennifer lost 33 pounds the first round and I lost 27.  We did the 3 weeks of low carb after the main part of the diet was over, then went back to normal eating for 4 weeks before starting the next round of the HCG Diet.  During my son's confirmation party and family visiting, I gained 5 pounds, but am happy to report that I lost that and more in the first week of our second round of the HCG Diet!

I had maintained my weight the first several weeks by doing low-carb during the week and eating what I wanted on the weekends.  I LOVE sugar. I love desserts, so I created sugar-free, low carb recipes from my favorite recipes using all natural Xylitol as the sweetener.  I'll share those as the weeks go on and I get back to the low carb cooking in ernest. Right now, I still have several weeks left on the HCG Diet

Here is a picture of shrimp creole with rice (rice is NOT HCG approved, I just wanted to add a picture) 

1 Delicious Words:

Shari C. said...

whoa- this shrimp creole looks sooooo good

Post a Comment