Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Rosemary Lemon Drop

I assure you, I have been cooking. I've just been a tad busy running for Congress, getting the last two kids off to college all while my oldest graduated from college and got married. Want to check out my Pattie Curran for Congress website? You can view it here.

I never follow recipes, I mean, I always adapt recipes.

My version of a Rosemary Lemon Drop

Rosemary Sugar for Rimming the Glass

I mixed 2 tablespoons of hopped rosemary with one cup of sugar and stored in an airtight container for 5 days. Before using, I ran it through my Vita Mix. Not long enough to powder the sugar, of course.

Rosemary Lemon Drop

1 1/2 ounces Ciroc Vodka

1/2 ounce Villa Massa Limoncello

1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice

1 ounce simple syrup  (some recipes call for 1/2 and ounce, but I prefer a sweeter cocktail)

1 sprig fresh rosemary

Optional: one drop of food grade rosemary essential oil (adds a great rosemary flavor! It's my "secret" ingredient)


Rim a large martini glass with rosemary sugar. Place ice, rosemary sprig and ingredients into a shaker. Shake vigorously and strain into sugar rimmed glass. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary, if desired.

0 Delicious Words:

Post a Comment