Saturday, January 7, 2012

My Favorite Potato Bread

This recipe is one I made from several recipes, really.  I never have potato flour or potato flakes on hand, so I use potato water.  What is potato water? The left over water from boiling potatoes.  I often store it in a jar in my fridge for up to a week. 

3 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
2 teaspoons yeast
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
3 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup dry whole milk
1 1/8 cup potato water

Combine all ingredients and knead together until you have a soft, smooth dough.  Add more potato water or flour to make the dough the proper consistency.  Cover and let rise for 1 hour.  Shape dough for loaf  and place in loaf pan or on sheet. Cover and let rise about an hour. For potato rolls,  I like to add 3 small balls of dough to each muffin in a muffin pan to make clover shaped rolls. Let rise for one hour.

Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven. For loaf, approximately 60 minutes, tenting in the last 15 minutes, if needed.  For rolls, bake approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.  I thought I had a picture of my potato rolls to share. May have to add one next time I make them!

0 Delicious Words:

Post a Comment